End of the Trail: American Plains Indian
- Publication date
- Educational Film, Indians of North America, United States of America (USA), History, U S Federal Government, U S Federal Government, Indians of North America, United States of America (USA), History
- McGraw - Hill Films Last known address - 674 Via De La Valle, PO Box 641 Del Mar CA 92014 USA
Tells the story of the American Plains Indians. Narrated by Walter Brennan.
- 2015-06-11 02:06:49
- A People have passed this way. Oh people and they left the polls at the burial schedules to mark the trail where they passed. Their story in the trail itself goes back twenty thousand years. The people live on after a fashion but the trail ended less than a hundred years ago here on the great American planes in the country of the abstract near the river called the greasy grass by the eight hundred seventy the telephone the mimeograph the steam turbine it all been invented we Americans was smack in the middle of the machine age we're shipping the wheel he said but at the same moment thing they did in the sky. Not out of the ignorance but by deliberate choice some of us were still living literally in the Stone Age which Stone Age American wrapped in his sleeping rolled journey from here to the beyond country to the camp of many logic no one knows no one knows his name no no when he. All that is known is that he lived on horseback and is always all around here on the Great Plains. Yet never map the land know knew that the geographers who it's gone fully labeled it the great American visit. Called it a permanent barrier to civilization so sterile The devil couldn't raise hell on a to save in very small clink hospitable only to serve in the savages. But to the Savage is title was clear and indisputable. Whatever is cut by the feet of armed pony that is our land. Whatever is flash by are large polls that is Alex guy. And that was all the landed lay between the Mississippi in the Rockies between the big river and the backbone of the world and not from the salt form of the Red River across the medicine line into Canada the grandmother's way what the map called a desert was actually one enormous rippling blanket of grass this was the Great Plains. Here on land every square inch of which promised to be the is forever live more than half of the Indians in North America in lieu of the apps are OK The people of the ray of all the crow the Blackfeet and the ascent a boy stone boy the cream of the black and faces and the irregular. Ill of the crazy unite people. And the Osage of the shaved here in the Missouri of the dugout canoe. It too with the people of the park and Marcus and the chip war of the plane and the wind river Shoshone and the Comanche call the snake the and the Pawnee call the wall it with this is a set or the cut I'm shy and and the strong hard to wrap a home. People of the blue collar. And around the mall and go who threw the mauling a narrow the Teton Dakota the seven crimes of the SO nation. But the land was not theirs alone it had been given them to share with the grass up in a black cloak and a great bowl of the Prairie View have belonged to all the things which lived on it and the ghost of all things which had lived. And there was an excellent taste in the twenty's thing of their land here the two legged the poor legged lived together like relatives all living things with feet and wings and roots are our children and I thought he rises at the Eagles. The Indian pray to the sky and the earth and the cardinal points these were the six grand for this. All natural forces everything which existed and accidental rocks on the prairie the winds whisper. It was related to all things and all things were related to the everywhere spirit. Above people listen under water people to. Send a soft wind from the south. Little warm the earth and let it blow the coals about cooking fires warm our largest one let a good thing happen to our people buy but the people divided into sixty different tribes and separated by seven different languages. Had only one thing in common a way of life and one thing more a pathetic belief that a break of willows would hold back a way in which a blow from four directions at once. When the Indian first saw the four way when the world when he didn't know it because in the beginning it was just a wisp of smoke on the Prairie. The red managing a white man before I was and had occasional friendly contact with traders and traps but it seems so few of them it was certainly not very many now he was seeing more and they were all in a hurry to reach the mountain it was eighteen forty nine each day on the prairie was one more day of poverty to California bones gold seekers. That the code a first call them was to choose which meant God like the tribes had other names more descriptive. Had wearing deep manners leggings meet in the middle and Erema. They told the Indian We want no more of your land in the with of our axles and that's a no longer than it takes to leave it behind. East would be millionaires were an amusing curiosity to the in. The wagon people tell us about the yellow metal in The Shining mountains and I will make them rich and big among their people and then the big the Indian football and another one said When the sun is not in the sky they cannot find the trail and they get lost then they become angry at the horses but the horse is a loss to they make me laugh and one said the wagon people a very rude how of them smelled that. It annoys the goal rush is that the Indian considered himself a lot of his own to me they are as arrogant as all them it is grinding to be patronised and such a lovely man I buy these barrier Risto dress their ear and all that and paint them and loans on in the morning. As a shining metal seem to magnetize more and more wagons West Indians curiosity an accommodation gave way to uneasiness. More and more they stopped the wagon trains falling and ask the same questions they had asked the train preceding Why do you keep coming into our country. Frightening away our game. Setting fire to a grass each time you say that you were going to be the lead in each time away can follow you. And each time they would be soothingly should there's no cause for alarm we only want passage across the land not the land itself it was a promise the Indian want to hear many times from people who were just passing through. The Plains Indian had once just been passing through himself. Originally a farce to all and finally he had strangled on the Prairie. Bush there from the east by other tribes and European colonized near he had discovered a strange an awesome beast run to the New World by Spanish conquistador e the medicine dog the horse any build a whole new culture around rogue want to preserve every Savage is born with six legs to his own and four of his bones the old mouse to dance with the body to need to move on Alaska. Unlike most normal they bred almost none of their stock themselves replenishing it by trading and by raiding not did they keep horses for meat and milk only eating time with their names of famine. Their staple diet was buffalo meat and an estimated sixty million buys in making up the Continental was an inexhaustible commissary on the whole it also provided the raw materials like clothing. Shelter and weapons in fact most everything the Indian needed had to be mine from the shaggy carcass of them up like the Indian they were in line grins in the Great Plains they went with aggression for the seasons around is already are. Going to grow G.'s This is how we live. When the some Each school which is a very intimate Sherry ripening we can draw or I'm one of the mountains with here is Sweden coup de gras fresh in the bright streams come tumbling out of the snow banks. Then we cannot be antelope in the DIA when their skin that suppressing. There we will find plenty of white bears amount of sheep. In the autumn when the yellow leaves come in our hearts the fifty strong from the mound patches we can go down to the plains and up the buffalo and the Elf a trap be on the streams. And when the cold moon comes the moon of the frost in the T.P. and the tree popping moon we can take shelter in the Woody bottoms along the rivers and there we will find salt we can copy what Boxer up moaning and buffalo meat for ourselves. The Indian then was in Omaha. A more advanced civilization called him by another name. Vagrants. It was the moon of the birth of the cats in the spring thaw is that now that the snow but the people still saw something white on the Prairie. More egg and more putting footed arcs. More white faced people assume. Prophet had said the was a chew. Alike beast first one then the swarm pressured out of the east by overpopulation litter go unread. Bad debts bad drop these were family men bringing their families with the. Indian call their women score might mean. And generally he was not impressed one of them said her face like to think maybe so she weighed on green Quince. Nor were the emigrants impress expecting Longfellow seawater the noble savage We met instead was startling beggars exact generous gifts in return for our passage and are indifferent that we carry little that can be spirit in our getting the. Meaning had none of the European devotion to the concept of property but he put an almost Oliveri on a virtue of generosity. Convinced that the white man's dinging this was based on ignorance. Decide to educate him by stealing what he felt should have been gracefully given noted one pioneer but he wouldn't steal on PUP wouldn't pull out of a ten year might about stalls are generally a coward to be safe in their presence. Red hot stove however not. Resentful of paying tribute and wary of revenge if they didn't. Emigrant trains took to corralling in defensive circles. They boarded nervous meals in quite a different for children with a new book The Man if you don't behave the Indians will get you. And in the T.P. there was also a new culture of right if you don't be a was it you will get you. The Indians love for their children was expressing noted one pioneer they are hopelessly spoiled. Until the age of two they're laced integrate aboard never out of their mother sight she corrects petulance or other naughty behaviour by ignoring you know Indian come is ever beat and they account us is barbaric because we occasionally strike young. These redskins are raised by example not precept but they have no concept of abstract right and wrong their children are insatiable in their appetite for admiration and praise and what passes for character and virtue amongst them stands entirely from this. Childhood was pleasant but sure they are expected to become adults as quickly as possible the troll those were theoretically family arranged but like everywhere else young people often and their own ideas. Guide to Getting burned in the prairie wonderful online one when you were beside me my I'd sing a branch it is Dance Dance sing before the winds near in the mood of strawberry. Considering the high she Elegies in the medical aid Indian courtship was surprisingly romantic a trip to the stream for water could provide countless accidental brief encounters and for the more bashful suitors there were more discreet to. Night time visits to check the phony The and whisperings muffled through the due process of the D.P.. This smiles the waters mine and even the sky of cloud smiles but I I lose the way of smilingly you are not needed. Married to a solemn Nies by beast all of gifts on the bride's family and by polygamy was allowed the extra cost was usually prevented a man rich enough to take a second wife was generally smart enough to marry his wife system this minimize both the family friction and the number of the N. Low. One pioneer women could admire the Cheyenne house way she the vein of a domestic duties and would bitterly resent any recommendations that he will protect the home to help her wrecked if there's is a life which would be billeted in Egyptian pyramids build what is the men do what is merely exhausting the women. Divorce is uncommon and a runaway wife is held in disgrace by her own family. Infidelity is rare the penalty facial utilization. Today we saw a close for a wretched creature in a warning that even here so far from a Christian although there are brambles in the primrose path. The Indian wondered now what the War horrors were bringing in the wagon and why the people who were just passing through the planning seeds around his largest. At not a long ago grandfather Thomas Jefferson said it may be regarded as certain that not a foot of land will ever be taken from the Indians without their consent. Now another grandfather had touched the panda something called a Homestead Act which gave grab didn't sit down title one hundred sixty acre the raring to anyone who wants to drop down east and find a land that was it was buffalo grass. Cried for the deep gash of the plows they turn the prairie wrong sign ups at the end and he couldn't understand why is land it becomes. Something called public domain and why the white man spotted Buffalo was call private company couldn't be under. He was puzzled to learn that the rights of privatization. Seem To date only from the arrival of the new comer and that somehow is land was the best of their sons and there was so many of them for they multiplied it twice the rate each year and their company would grow to look on his land is real estate and his people as press bears on it and he tried to file his own title disorder you see is no no at Neri So it is the dust of the flesh in the bones of our answers you will have to dig deep to find nature is a is the up a potion is crow. And assume Warriors said these are his own mother. One does not own stakes in these mothers. The plains culture was based on warfare in any is wealth was reckon the nauseous and its prestige in the number he could afford to give away most dependent on reading the words of his neighbors warfare not on the grand scale of the white man but great encounter rain was a way of life. From infancy. Every boy was raised to comment as a profession a sport and a part of his religion and it demanded exhaustive training in physical endurance and the skills of weaponry. And romance in a war party was always voluntary in eagerly sought after in some tribes no boy was accepted as a recruit until I'm don't we were the ball he had attacked on it could keep at least three arrow is inflated once and could add a grasshopper on the bone. BREYER read it only Ollie and if he could do a gloriously would deliberately seek death in battle. Lori individual glory for the dominant motive in Indian warfare the right to wear the eagle feather are debatable as the record of one takes place on these large cover could only be earned by conspicuous acts of bravery. To kill an enemy was not especially phrased. That could be done without on. Remember. Many Indian battle were literally blood each warrior trying to figure out a mound I'm only a single combat the object was to strike a blow a very in the dreams of on to the rear hand an empty gun. Philip spear on the flat of a blue. Moon and therefore common of those but always incidentally glory. Scouts were covered it not is honest but is dropping. The Great Plains when the potential arena of intertribal Civil War The Indians were so concerned with my to each other that there were things they saw too late. Chilling down the crowns between We're ads at turned west power wagon trails and roads and road ran east and west. Lightning stages injured blind freight to clarify one point to point schedule in bringing to the wilderness at basic creed of civilization the timetable. Every passage had become right away any Indian was want to stay wide of the road because your feathers right now of course. Any Sorry rivers to being ground by way of where the fire boats roiling Missouri on the snake in the Yellowstone the buffalo refused. Come and drink and alone want to didn't stop them either but they could navigate it was said he is a Leading Woman. There was a huge under streams and it turned bikes and Tim but out the banks the fuel and said he had something called riverine and riparian rights the Indian was being squeezed. And then he will run alone by the black metal snake. The viable that walks on the mountain but his land in the scripts. Crisscrossed it will see the line and set it up via with embers from his pants back to rest. And they axed out what was left of his woodland the eyes and pretzels. Running alongside like a picket fence would telegraph. And the Indian hating the whispering why because they marked the course of the railroad. The Indian watch the wagons that are tied together bringing in not only more settlers but the blue dress so Jesus rode one sympathetic Dogface I'm feeling the same way John Indian Does it up like a chip boys in schools down on Boston Common and then told me to keep a grip. The Army was the end of prevent trouble but for it but it was on the way. Then to have beef cattle with only three dollars a head. Were pushed on from breeding grounds of Texas up the Chisholm Trail and the West and a good night and Boardman trade at the end of the long dry and they stand up and tell it out at forty dollars a share of the cattle trail had cut across the game drain. The Indian funding the Shankly Buffalo round in the best friends and water had been staked out for they bought it but. It takes a thousand acres of prairie to support a single Indian by that she said with using the same lands we can put meat on the table a map the world. When I was a boy. Soon the world where are our land who owns them now. Elian is a scavenger with no more title to the land than a jackass rabbit. Wherever I go there is Shark Boy and to my pony flank if I count on to my people sick and my children will starve. Andriy where they ought to have the heart simple justice everlasting me pumped into them they are fatheads. My white brother says I am fat is because I've been stuffed with lies. You don't courthouse a vine. Jeff to kill it. In the nylon between them and then you're in THE NEWSROOM and there was no communication only exchange. The regional game of cowboys and Indians. Was going to be played for keeps and the rancher like other settlers Billy's outbuildings an extra long and used them a loophole. I cannot eat the grass up with or the white boy what they have left. The Indian had little choice for his own commissary had been deliberately destroying began the dances and track layers who built the railroad in the vent on buffalo meat. Tens of thousands was slaughter them when you're on the bravery to complete a railroad. Then a refrigerator cars to fetch only the choice cuts for these the markets the rest of the meat was left to rot for itself. But it was a kind of knives of the scanners which did the most damage. Stinking flea bitten goal in mind they call the bluff. A bronze medal should be presented to him are enough with a ten month low on one side and a discouraged Indian on the of. These men and the solution to the Indian problem. Mono night they would reduce a movement of sixty million mum no to a few hundred strangle. Then they cleaned the bones and ship them each to be ground in the footlights and kept in a knife and. One paper reported bone shipments would make a string of right guys. Diff team thousand miles long. And when the buffalo bones played out. Exuma and did the Indians and stamp their bones East to be made into but. When they hope would be a discouraged engine became an enraged you. Always never officially declared but it's period like thirty seven killed at the Washington hundred Cheyenne it Sand Creek three hundred more at Acton knew our good schooling. Unfortunately given a hundred settlers massacre and it was Rush Creek bring good Buffalo Lake. Feel the amount of Little Missouri the names have been forgotten most of. The have said the greatest tragedy that anonymous people died in unremembered places from causes they never completely understood. This. This understanding. Indian and white that is mostly what's at the prairie on fire. Whiteface bad art said the Indian and the crime committed by the last white man he saw would be avenged against the next white man is. The only good Indian is a DEAD in and the best in is one who is good and to the white. And few of them bothered to distinguish between one bit of a drive in another or for that matter between drives the friendly Indian was often funny for the misdeeds of the hostel. Because being friendly he was easiest to find. All this time the different tribes were still fighting each other at first the whites and courage this. The one thing that worried them with anything that will unify the Indian nations like the Sunday. The Plains Indians dance to the beat of many different grounds but the Sundance was common to the entire culture as these do all Christians and this thing it united all the band of a tribe and increasingly one try with another. It was dedicated to the renewal of the earth the making over again of the whole world. Tenses were fulfilling pledges made during the year and the depth of their piety was in the degree of self torture they endured. Manson by dongs skewing through their muscles the world around the pole staring at the sun for as long as they're less good Barry aren't illegal themselves loose. And dances and turns brought onto them and divine favor to their people but that whites are a fight at this paganism we're also concerned when the Sunday and not become a rallying point in the Asian to press their own religion on the Indian benevolent God working and well meaning missionaries were shocked to discover that their wards. The cross as a symbol of the four cardinal point of their own theology and they were reluctant to abandon it for one locked in a black book and they could not read. It is a good book I'm sure. Why does the white men not follow it if there is only one true religion why do the Methodists and the Baptists and the black coats all fight each other. I do not want to heaven when I die and please keep your health or be no room for India it'll be too full of white better. Determined to save the Indian by da Indian izing him the good people from these decided to concentrate on the children. Boarding schools were established. Safely removed from tribal areas and family influence many parents have to be bribed or intimidated to enroll at children sometimes the students was simply kidnapped. Complain the father one homesick scholar. They gave him a white man's name you could not say and hide moccasins that hurt his feet and they cut his hair short shaman when he could not read the pain his speech it was beaten like a pony as they do to white boy. My son will have to learn all over again how to be an Indian when he returns to my lawn. But where would the large big rival hunting grounds are being plotted out in a municipal lots and where they had been prairie dog towns cities sprang up the architecture was out of prevention but each one bragged it was the Athens of the prairie. The bees and build hides them already to sell honey trading post and what are the Indian appetite for anything to change with white man's medicine and the town's man found him. Empathetically ideal customer. There's some built up a whole revote of her I'm a bait and a bucket of X. and. Taken as a single article the Indian is not to let the soft a pickle is nice though there is some profit and spinning in most states. In the end was another solution to the Indian problem. In STEM contempt for the things they had which were a value and to covet the things they didn't meet. With the one thing that was it you sold which the Indian coveted most was the funniest thing. It's medicine would make any tribe equal of any other and while you would never make the Indian the same color as a white man. The day might come when you make him the same sex. With the white man had another weapon that would make sure these days never came. Rest of the two one barrel Missouri River water and do gallons overall alcohol two ounces of strychnine three plugs of tobacco and find bodies of soap Boyd and sagebrush until it's brown This was the elixir for the Indian trade and no one who drank and lived long enough and become addicted. Wrote a newspaper. Yesterday for whisky is matched only by an inability to accommodate it. Not a day pass but what are better glasses citizen is offended by his side and blanketed vagabondage blue for a bottle of the violence like a believe in random their women as brides of the multitude. Just as he had no tolerance for. White Mans whiskey Indiana had no immunity to it disease. Of people to own good health it actually been a virtue found themselves weakened and disfigured by the silent Tamaqua one for me is sick to. The few who succumbed to the temptations of the towns who you know when to breed a great interest rate going to curiosity. Shuffling through counterfeit war dance school risky move. Some went off to boast and movies your age and die museums always cast as a villain. Only want to advertise their the Congress of the painted scenes with some traveling Why are way show that most city people ever see a real live indeed they consider them if at all in the eighteen seventies with apathy ignorance and prejudice. If there was a place left in America for the Aboriginal American it was hardly a place of dignity. The wild tribes of the blast of being inconsiderate to refuse to follow the buffalo into oblivion. Yes to accommodate people who are only passing through. My father sent for me and said My son never forget my dying would this country hold your father's body never sell the bones of your father and your mother. But somebody had so long with the land that economic years of bribery and intimidation and dishonest treaty to legalize address back no matter that the body of the first but could not read and often was not Dorney it signed or that they got months sometimes agree the man a chief sword would mine a whole tribe with his signature or that no Indian could dispose of any land without the consent of all the do negative. The four negatives and the goes on the gods to whom it rightfully belongs. But consent was no longer of interest to the body of the second part I'm afraid that the agreements which we had made before didn't make allowances for the rapid growth of the white race you must submit to our forward progress into the best you can. That a body the for this but what treaty that the white man is made as you have a kept not one. Indian tribes are merely don't mistake dependence not sovereign nation a parent may abrogate an agreement with his own children when it is for their own good. Because your lies have squirmed across our land like snakes. It does not make it this makes land. This country does not belong to the Indians but to the almighty and all His children have an interest in the meets and bounds must be set. Meets and bounds would send and in such a way that the Almighty's white children would have all the choice for a while a few scrummagers Ruiz a boy his wrench of General Sherman to find a reservation with this bottle of ground set aside for Indians and completely surrounded by whites. But the Indian bureau considered them weigh stations between two cultures where in isolation. Indians could somehow learn to be white men in a war is what Colistin the doing school their leaders were humiliated replaced by hand but she's basically between four boys to build out the a regular P.P.S. behind them in which today. Unwilling to mom and unable to hunt the Indians and bad government rations. Doled out in style Asian level to get them dust that is what was most older rich the ages of the Indian. Agency fees was issued on the home and killed by the Indians and pathetic imitation of the buffalo money that is of a didn't die for. Much of it was so disease it can be. When Indians complain they were punished by rations so sickening and one sympathetic agent said the government had betting issue a snake and get the poisoning process beneath with these an expedition. Then the government ordered the Sundance launch going down and gradually out little agan ceremony. For the first time says the Bill of Rights. Free Exercise of Religion was being denied an entire people under penalty of federal law. The Black Hills here. Great Mystery and strewn visions for the souls of the go to warrior to prepare them for the beyond place this was all healing so sacred that a special creative A bad the entry a white man for so long as the grass shall grow. And a scientific expedition invaded the hills with secret orders to discover goal to deliberately set are such a stampede of miners that the treaty would be an island for some. Overnight the Indians precious large Paul Temple was turned into charcoal for the girls smell. The and called it heals the Emmy packed but the two legged drove away the game. Having profane the sacred place the whites often a payphone at a discount of then they sent word to all the drives the government is determined their own tribal Americans shall be consolidated into do reserve the area all who do not submit peacefully will be deemed to be still and will be hunted down and brought in by force a new policy or indeed on the planes to be real reservation regardless of tribal differences now all enemies or did together. Unit to the reservation. Mr A wasteland in Oklahoma and another in the quarter. There they would be so many cases broken leg Broncos in the grass the wild Indian was expected to Perth. Instead he started to grow. I do not want to settle down in the house as you would build for us I love to roam over the wild prairie there I am free and happy when we sit down we grow pale and. Or anywhere close to leave the rivers in the sand in the wind and live in a house. By only one heart. Although you say go to another country. My height is not that way. I am here and here's where I'm going to be. I will not find with Milan and if you come again I will say the same thing I will not part with my land. My people have never drawn the first ball going to like the blue dress soldiers come from out of the night of a camp fire they light our largest instead of hunting game they kill my braves they make sorrow coming to our campus they are asking for war. In the camp of the blue dress soldiers they were expecting more of not asking for. This true and chasing is embedded them in glorious business without any compensating advantage. But they would be advantage for one man. Joining us to. Under a portrait of his favorite person and also under a cloud and facing a board of inquiry for insubordination class they had just heard from each component to that a flashy victory in the field would not only restore his status Civil War glory it would guarantee em the Democratic nomination for the presidency of the United States. One man at least was anxious to hear the bugle call Some said. The call came and with it. Orders to round up some runaway sue under Sitting Bull refusing to be resume that they had to finally gone off buffalo hunting. June eighteenth seventy six seventy night estates cavalry blow dried off the search for some of my good savages who had also been described as the finest like cavalry in the world. They arrived about here even Montana territory when Custer scouts reported a large Indian encampment down there in the greasy gradually to engage them here would have been a violation of orders. Instead he was to report back to is a period or dispatch a larger force to bring in the fugitives. But this would mean sharing the glory and that was no way to get to the grandfather in or she decides Custer was afraid his troops have been discovered and Indians might escape. Anyway. Hunting camp never held more than a handful of warriors so Custer decided to attack it a virus command any Senate hundred thirty six men and a major Reno along the other bank of the river to the camp from the left then Custer took five companies two hundred twenty five men along this side of the river. Meaning to crush it to simultaneously attack the other end of the game one thing between the prince's joys were not the few hundred Indians he supposed but closer to ten thousand. The last scene of Custer was running on these bluffs looking for a way to the White House by crossing the greasy girl or as it was marked on his map the little big home. The only eyewitness account of what happened after that is contained in the drawings in actual words of the only qualified report of the survivors. Everything appen fair you know it's not only time to Painter faces catch up owning the was a Jew soldiers ties the upper end of our camp without the biological world and we were ready for the. Mineral calling to each other braver brothers it is a good day today. White men soldiers was surprised that we fought back so hard they get off their horses and hid in the woods to shoot. Then they did a poor is being doing the drug A crazy but they ran out of the woods and into the river to get to the other side we killed many in the water but most of them got up on a hill but we kept shooting at them to let them run out of bullets and water we had seen the other soldiers writing down screaming for the fighting started maybe they thought the carriage is running away. We lived a few more isn't wired to keep the first soldiers on the field and we all want to surprise the man who wanted to surprise us we knew the other soldiers would try to cross the river and the best boarding place so we got there first and cross the river before they did. Raven for this year's all the blame. On the Saudis grab their horses to shoot the minimal hold artists would not hold them and they ran all over we got many Aussies that day and the bullets that when the bundles died the horse and. The shooting was close together like the tearing of the blankets we had warriors is plenty of leaves on trees and we got behind a white soldiers in our on the they broke up into little groups which made them easy to kill like cutting off the flow from the herd many white soldiers fought bravely in our people did not go near them but he had to shoot at them from far away. Some of the lawsuit you went crazy and ran around in circles or shut their guns in a year. Finally there are only a few left they want to be a little way and stop there forever. The fight was over quick It took no longer than a son takes to travel between two large boulders. When the fighting was over the women came and cut up the soldier did so that none of them could return from the beyond place and fight against. Our blood. And we want to rev up the other soldiers on the other hill but our chief said they are trying to live let them go. We have killed enough let the others live. It was over we took our launches and our women and children and women in the mountain. And they said we washed off are and in the river and put the war back in the bag and we knew it would not stay there we would not have peace. And they were right they hadn't sought this battle and all that the victory brought them with twelve years of a war they could not win. On this field a blue dress soldiers march where each of the Dead had fallen but without meaning to be the real monuments to something else too. They indicate the high water mark of a culture way of life and they are the last milestones on the last journey of the people who have served. The trailer still here the Indian say but it's like the road of the dead were all the footprints point the same way and alongside it's a strong the discarded dreams of warriors and young men who had asked the everywhere spirit to let a good thing happened. And the trailers live it too with a worn out vision of the old ones full of winners who turned we really awful the campus stuff into the land of many largest. They say the trail is still there. Dimly traced across the whole of the Great Plains by the poles of many bony Drake and moccasin friends branch off and all isn't cool East but children have strayed to stop the butterfly and chase the kids and search for the fallen feather boas. It is much too they say for the grass to slash by the UN shot which of the buffalo bull. By the wall of phony would have painted flanks and the bones of the Eagles will win in the main. This is the way of people went and a way of life. And all the Indian reading the trail can still see it. Is in the flesh of the firefly in the night and the breath of the buffalo in the winter and you know a little shadow that runs across the grass until it is lost in the sense that.
- Run time
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3
- Worldcat (source edition)
Uploaded by scampbell3 on